First Financial is pleased to recognize teachers who make a difference in the classroom, and we are proud to offer the 2019 Classroom Supplies Grant Program.
The following guidelines will apply to the awarding of up to fifty (50) $250 Classroom Supplies Grants for the 2019-20 academic school year:
- Must be an active full-time classroom teacher in California for the 2019-20 academic school year;
- First Financial member in good standing (must have own account; cannot solely be a joint member on a FFCU account);
- A completed First Financial Grant Application Form;
- A budget list for the items you wish to purchase with your awarded grant
Qualifying Project Criteria (Member Statement Essay)
The 2019 Grant Selection Committee is comprised of an impartial panel. Applications will be judged by reviewing the following criteria:
- Potential to improve student achievement
- Potential to enhance instructional skills
- Clear plan for materials implementation
- Cost effectiveness and realistic budget
- Confirmation of eligibility requirements;
- Subject to member statement essay as interpreted by the Grant Selection Committee, as established by qualifying project criteria;
- All application requirements submitted on or before Monday, September 30, 2019
How to Apply
Applications for Classroom Supplies Grants are only accepted through our online submission system.
Applications are accepted no later than 11:59 p.m. on Monday, September 30, 2019.
Award Notification and Disbursement
Recipients will be notified by mail to their school address by Thursday, October 31, 2019. In addition, notification will be sent to the school’s principal for acknowledgement.
The 2019 Grant Selection committee is comprised of an impartial panel. All decisions are final.
About First Financial Credit Union
At First Financial, we value and take tremendous pride in serving the financial needs of the educational community. We were founded by educators for educators over 85 years ago. It’s a role we take seriously and a mission to which we are just as committed to today as we were in 1933.
All decisions are final and at the sole discretion of the First Financial Grant Selection Committee. Applicant must be a First Financial member in good standing. Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, September 30, 2019. Applications will not be accepted if they are: incomplete, sent via fax, and/or dropped off at a First Financial branch. Only nominations from (and for) First Financial members will be accepted. Nominee must be an active full-time classroom teacher in California during the 2019-20 academic year. The winning nominations will be chosen at the discretion of First Financial’s Board of Directors (or committee or employees designated by the Board). All checks will be delivered to the recipient’s school, signature-required (no exceptions will be made). First Financial employees, volunteers and their families are not eligible. All submitted materials become the property of First Financial Credit Union for whatever use it deems appropriate. Only recipients will be notified on or before Thursday, October 31, 2019, by mail or phone and agree to have their names/photos published in First Financial promotional materials. Void where prohibited by law.