In honor of Back to School, First Financial Credit Union is proud to offer three Grants
to help our valued educators during the school year. We have made a difference in the lives of educators for 85 years and this is another way we give back to our members!
First Financial is pleased to recognize teachers who make a difference in the classroom, and we are proud to offer the 2018 Teacher Grant Program.
The following guidelines will apply to the awarding of up to twenty (20) $500 Teacher Grants for the 2018-19 academic school year:
- Must be an active full-time classroom teacher in California for the 2018-19 academic school year;
- First Financial member in good standing (must have own account; cannot solely be a joint member on a FFCU account);
- A completed First Financial Grant Application Form;
- Member Statement Essay submitted with Grant Application
Qualifying Project Criteria (Member Statement Essay)
The 2018 Grant Selection Committee is comprised of an impartial panel. Applications will be judged by reviewing the following criteria:
- Potential to improve student achievement
- Potential to enhance instructional skills
- Clear plan for materials implementation
- Cost effectiveness and realistic budget
- Confirmation of eligibility requirements;
- Subject to member statement essay as interpreted by the Grant Selection Committee, as established by qualifying project criteria;
- All application requirements submitted on or before Sunday, September 30, 2018
How to Apply
Applications for Teacher Grants are only accepted through our online submission system.
Applications are accepted no later than 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, September 30, 2018.
Award Notification and Disbursement
Recipients will be notified by mail to their school address by Wednesday, October 31, 2018. In addition, notification will be sent to the school’s principal for acknowledgement.
The 2018 Teaching Credential Grant Selection committee is comprised of an impartial panel. All decisions are final.
About First Financial Credit Union
For 85 years, First Financial has been dedicated to providing educators first-class banking in service, quality, value and financial peace-of-mind. We were formed in 1933 to give educators the service and value that the banks wouldn’t; this remains our focus and commitment to this day!