In honor of Back to School, First Financial Credit Union is proud to offer three Grants
to help our valued educators during the school year. We have made a difference in the lives of educators for 85 years and this is another way we give back to our members!
First Financial is pleased to offer the 2018 Teaching Credential Grant Program. The credit union will award up to ten (10) $1,000 Teaching Credential Grants to deserving members pursuing their teaching credential and career in education.
The following guidelines will apply to the awarding of up to ten (10) $1,000 Teaching Credential Grants for the 2018-19 academic school year:
- Must be enrolled in a teaching credential or graduate program;
- First Financial member in good standing (must have own account; cannot solely be a joint member on a FFCU account);
- Maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher
- A completed First Financial Teaching Credential Grant Application Form;
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a professor in the credential program or Department of Education (must be on school’s letterhead and mailed by the professor).*
- Official College or University Transcripts*
*Please address letter of recommendation and Transcripts to:
ATTN: Marketing Department
1616 West Cameron Avenue
West Covina, CA 91790
- Confirmation of eligibility requirements;
- Subject to member statement essay as interpreted by the Teaching Grant Selection Committee, as established by qualifying project criteria;
- Confirmation of Letter of Recommendation on official school letterhead by the professor;
- Official College or University Transcripts;
- All application requirements submitted on or before September 30, 2018
How to Apply
Applications for the Teaching Credential Grant are only accepted through our online submission system.
Applications are accepted August 1 through September 30, 2018. Applications received after 11:59 p.m. on September 30, 2018 will not be accepted.
Award Notification and Disbursement
Recipients will be notified by phone call and/or mail by October 31, 2018. The $1,000 Teaching Credential Grant funds will be deposited into recipients' First Financial Stakeholder (savings) account. Only recipients will be notified. Recipients agree to have their names/photos published in First Financial promotional materials.
The 2018 Teaching Credential Grant Selection committee is comprised of an impartial panel. All decisions are final.
About First Financial Credit Union
For 85 years, First Financial has been dedicated to providing educators first-class banking in service, quality, value and financial peace-of-mind. We were formed in 1933 to give educators the service and value that the banks wouldn’t; this remains our focus and commitment to this day!